Western European Projects
- Restoration of a Section on the Ulf Stream (Belgium)
- Environmental River Work for the Amspin Sluice on the Meuse: Fish Pass with Spawning Areas and River Bank Restoration (Belgium)
- New Meanders in Luxembourg
- Flood Management Plan in River Houille. Environmental Aspects. P2IH Project (France-Belgium)
- Restoring Four Cyprinid Spawning Areas in the Mehaigne Watershed (Belgium)
This restoration project involved reinstating meanders in a section of river to improve the habitat for fish, which are an important source of food for otters. (European Life project).
Environmental River Work for the Ampsin Lock on the Meuse:
Fish Pass with Spawning Areas and River Bank Restoration (Belgium)
SAR Consult provided environmental expertise linked to the new lock structure for 4500 ton barges developed by the experts from Greisch and Tractebel Engineering (with IMDC).
Following the draft of a comprehensive pre-feasibility note for the restoration of 300m of the Tretterbach river, located in Northern Luxemburg, the project was then followed through by the SAR Consult team from the implementation to the post-monitoring of new meanders.
SAR Consult provided environmental expertise for the impact assessment study of new anti-flooding structures developedby the IMDC hydraulics experts.
SAR Consult are designing and managing the construction works for the restoration of four major cyprinid spawning areas in the Mehaigne Valley (European FEP project).
50 new meanders for the Geer River (Belgium)
The idea was to create special habitats for biodiversity with the a complete river restoration project
Bushy willows as habitats (Belgium)
Different types of willows were planted alongside various streams as part of their restoration in order to foster fish habitats.